1. Pray. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17); pray with others.
2. Get informed. Read news stories. Listen to first-person accounts.
3. Raise awareness. Use social media and other means of communication to invite friends, family and colleagues to join you in spreading the news and inviting others to act.
4. Donate. Donate to established churches and relief agencies that funnel resources to refugees. Some examples:
- Highland Church of Christ (specify “Refugee Relief”)
- Eternal Threads (Abilene, TX)(specify “Refugee Relief”) http://eternalthreads.org/donate
- The Cradle Fund (Institute for Global Engagement) http://globalengage.org/support-ccf
- Multi-faith Alliance for Syrian Refugees http://multifaithalliance.org
- International Orthodox Christian Charities http://iocc.org
- U.S. Fund for UNICEF http://unicefusa.org
- IRC, Abilene Fundraiser for Citizenship program at Rosa’s on September 17th 4-9pm
5. Express your concerns to your elected representatives and heads of government. For example, The White House: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/authorize-and-resettle-syrian-refugees-us